The Amazon Web Services' (AWS) Insights Optimization team is looking for a Front End Engineer with a passion for working on cutting edge technology, someone who obsesses over bar raising experiences for customers, and that thrives on the challenge of building something that will operate at worldwide scale to join our fast paced team. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing modern, creative, and innovative user experiences that help our customers to use AWS resources as efficiently as possible, using modern browser technologies and techniques.
What we are looking for: We are looking for a talented Front End Engineer who will be responsible for the implementation, testing, and deployment, of AWS Insights recommendations user interfaces and user experiences, integrating your word into the full CI/CD pipeline of the engineering team. The ideal engineer will have a commitment to team work, enjoy working on cutting edge technology in a fast-paced environment, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of building something new that will operate at worldwide scale.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
• 4+ years experience designing and developing high profile, professional, web applications
• Experience developing with a front-end framework like Angular, React, or Vue but also knows what magic the framework is actually doing. And can extend it as needed.
• Web Services/REST experience
• Strong user experience sensibility and customer focus
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
• Advanced STEM degree
• Experience with automated testing frameworks (both unit and end-to-end) in a continuous deployment environment.
• Server-side web frameworks, Data Modeling, NoSQL
• Passion for data visualization and experience with D3 or other charting libraries
• Experience interfacing with other teams, including customer support and operations
• Experience working with geographically distributed teams
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us