Front End Developer - Returnship
- Seattle, WA
This 16-week, paid, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate's advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
At Amazon Operations HR, we use modern technologies to solve complex problems at scale. We deliver an engaging, intuitive, personalized experience that empowers employees to quickly take control of their work life anytime, anywhere. As our solutions simplify and automate tedious manual tasks, more people can focus on meaningful work. We make life better for hundreds of thousands of fellow Amazonians.
We know technology always exists in a larger context, so we create technical solutions from our customer's perspective to guarantee our solutions always deliver the intended result. If you want unsolved problems that will take you beyond your technical abilities, OpsHR Technology is the place for you.
The OpsHR A To Z team team is reinventing how Amazonians manage their work life. Are you ready to take on the biggest opportunity you ever had fun solving?
• Must be unemployed for 1+ years
• Is not currently enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's degree program
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 5+ years of professional front end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Open to relocate to Seattle, Washington
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Able to solve difficult software and UX problems with some ambiguity. Pushes for information to avoid solving the wrong problem and mitigate UI risks early in the process to avoid feature delays. Can decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Can articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-set
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 58.75/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Back to top