Front End Developer II
Amazon's Monitoring Innovation team is looking for a strong web front end engineer to design and build web applications used across the company. Your web applications will visualize large data sets and will be highly-scalable, reliable, low-latency, and will provide a wide range of teams with an instant insight into Amazon.com performance and infrastructure health. Your web applications will drive continuous technology improvements across the company and influence the work of hundreds of teams.
The ideal candidate will have experience envisioning and building single-page applications using state-of-the-art libraries and tools. The candidate will provide front-end architectural guidance to multiple teams building other web applications. This is a role where a developer with strong UI opinions and strong technical skills will have a lot of latitude to design and build compelling, high-performance, maintainable web applications.
- 5+ year's experience developing complex web applications using modern frameworks such as Node, ReactJS, Vue or AngularJS
- Solid experience with visualization libraries like D3.js, SVG, etc.
- Strong opinions regarding CSS structure for maintainability and extensibility, based on experience
- Understanding of server-side development constructing AJAX calls and working with relational or nosql data stores
- Experience building complex and highly scaled web projects
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, OO design
- Experience architecting CSS structure and organization for extensibility and maintainability
- 3+ year's experience working on the server side of a web application
- Passion for creating complex single-page, highly performant applications
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top