AWS has the most services, and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether it's Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
Would you like to join the team that protects the global AWS platform from fraud? Do you enjoy thinking like a fraudster and using your technical skills to help AWS service teams strengthen their resilience to fraud threats? If so, AWS Fraud Prevention has an exciting opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help manage the AWS Fraud Prevention Program across AWS. As the Technical Program Manager your responsibilities will include:
• Ensure new and existing AWS offerings are developed and operated in accordance with best-in-class fraud prevention practices.
• Evangelize to encourage a fast and smooth adoption of our fraud detection and remediation services. You will be a trusted advisor to teams across AWS.
• Develop, track, and report on key program performance metrics. Balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
• Effectively manage expectations and handle business escalations.
We are looking for someone who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and who has a consistent track record of delivery. You must be proactive in removing roadblocks, always looking for ways to innovate and operate more efficiently, and able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will need to influence internal and external stakeholders that are spread across the world, and be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or similar discipline or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years program/project management experience in large scale / distributed software development.
• 5+ year's professional experience in software development, preferably in software engineering, systems engineering, security engineering or related field
• Master's Degree in a technical discipline or MBA
• Experience and proficiency with AWS technologies (S3, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS etc.)
• Experience in fraud prevention or information security
• Understanding of machine learning and data modeling
• Broad technical breadth and depth including a strong understanding of cloud computing services
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders at all levels across multiple business units.
• Ability to manage multiple parallel projects and work autonomously.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.