Fraud and Abuse Program Manager, Merch by Amazon
- Seattle, WA
You have super powers. Use them for good. We catch bad guys and stop online fraud. It's fun. It's hard. It matters. We need you.
At Merch by Amazon, we print t-shirts and other products on demand on behalf of thousands of entrepreneurial designers who upload designs to our site. Since launching in 2015, we've scaled our business across North America, Europe, and Japan and we're just getting started. We empower Content Creators of all sizes, from amateur designers to large brands, to scale their businesses globally without the constraints of managing inventory or a supply chain.
The Merch by Amazon team is looking for an experienced Program Manager to manage fraud and abuse. This person will be a strategic team member responsible for identifying new types of bad actor risk, defining policies and procedures to detect and eliminate high risk accounts, and designing systems to automate these steps. An enthusiasm for simplifying processes and using data in decision-making and prioritization are key. Candidates must demonstrate strong judgment skills and have experience managing complex projects. This individual excels at working collaboratively with cross-functional teams and executive leaders, understands the importance of effective communication, and can consistently deliver results.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manages the direction, coordination, and implementation of risk reduction automation plans.
• Actively seeks to understand Amazon core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday operational practices.
• Combines a deep cross-functional business understanding with automation techniques.
• Effectively applies best practices to all strategic decisions.
• Maintains a thorough understanding of technical systems in a complex automated content processing environment.
• Implements change or develops new processes as necessary to provide the ability to better serve Content Creators, reduce content risk, and improve the customer experience.
• Continually measures and evaluates all work processes.
• Demonstrates clear written and oral communication and grace under pressure in all communications.
• Builds positive productive relationships with cross-functional and global stakeholders and partners.
• Drives cross functional initiatives to ensure compliance with business policies.
• 3+ years of professional experience conducting risk investigations or analysis and enabling successful results
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills using data in decision-making and prioritization
• High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in fraud or risk control management within an e-commerce or user generated content service
• Proficiency in SQL and Microsoft Excel
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top