Can you predict the future (through forecasting models)? Do you want to be a part of a customer obsessed team? Can you take complex statistical models and explain them simply to our operations leadership? If you answered "yes" to these questions, please read on.
We are looking for a Capacity Planning Forecasting Analyst to join our Worldwide Capacity Planning team for Shipping and Delivery Support. Our team owns the forecasting models that determine our customer service needs. You will be apart of the planning for Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc.
Candidate will be a part of a team of forecasting analysts and BI Engineers and should be able to challenge the team to improve forecasting accuracy. Candidate is expected to be hand-on with forecast modelling as well as should be able to effectively manage stakeholders.
• Lead forecasting initiatives for Shipping and Delivery Support and present the data/explain forecasting variances to senior management
• Be creative in building, maintaining, and improving forecasting models
• Forecast contacts in order to plan capacity for worldwide contact center network for Amazon Customer Service
• Be curious about how historical data will influence the models you create
• Collaborate with a lot of upstream and downstream groups to make sure you know how things operate and look for ways to innovate
• Thoughtfully create recommendations to get buy in from senior leaders
• Bachelors degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or closely related concentrations
• 5+ years' experience in operations planning and support
• 3+ years' experience modeling data and/or statistical forecasting
• 2+ years' experience with R, SAS, SPSS, or Python
• 2+ years' experience with SQL and/or Excel
• 5+ years' experience dealing with large amounts of data for analysis and reporting
• SQL, VBA and/or R programming experience
• Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written (ability to present detailed technical analysis, assumptions, and recommendations succinctly.
• Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic and ambiguous environment by combining analytical rigor and judgment.
• Extensive stakeholder management experience.
• Master's degree in related field / MBA
• Strong commitment to exceptional customer experience, enthusiasm to drive positive change and persuasive ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.