Food Safety Senior Manager, Japan
- Tokyo, Japan
Amazon Japan Compliance team is looking for a smart, energetic, hard-working, and creative candidate to lead the Food Safety team in Japan. Food Safety Senior Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant food safety regulatory guidelines. This position will develop compliance strategy, build new solutions and processes, and support the ongoing operations for the Global Compliance team. This is an exciting and challenging position that provides Compliance guidance for all the existing and emerging businesses in Japan and APAC Market. The successful candidate shows excellent judgment and instincts in decision-making and proactively and continually improves their level of knowledge about Amazon's business, its platform, and relevant technologies. This position is located in Tokyo, Japan.
• Actively partners with Legal and business teams to interpret and define compliance obligations for the business.
• Drives scalable solutions to ensure compliance with all relevant regulatory requirements, by collaborating with tech teams and relevant internal stakeholders.
• Engages cross-organizationally with leadership to design compliance controls, best-in-class processes and systems, and drives continual improvement.
• Makes recommendations to senior management on opportunities for organizational and business-level risk mitigation regarding compliance.
• Maintains subject matter mastery and current industry knowledge to advise senior leadership on emerging trends, regulatory requirements and on impact to business strategic roadmap.
• Earns trust of business partners by proactively engaging in order to understand business plans and products and by timely providing the necessary support aligned with the business roadmap and deliverables.
• Supports strategic relationship with local authorities and Key Opinion Leaders to ensure early anticipating and influencing the potential regulatory changes.
• Defines clear compliance strategy for Japan, and as an extension for APAC, and sets high performance standards for department.
• Bachelor's degree in food science or related field with a compliance, business, or scientific focus.
• 7+ years of experience with food safety and quality in a food manufacturing environments.
• Specific knowledge and/or experience of food safety regulations and standards in Japan and/or APAC.
• Has strong external communication network, with previous experience with regulatory influencing, and/or regulatory science advocating.
• Exceptional program management, supervisory, communication, analytical, and organizational skills
• Excellent team management experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Must be able to think creatively and possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Deals well with ambiguity, and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations.
• Previous experience in consumer goods, retail, e-commerce environment or other fast-paced, large-scale technology driven businesses is a strong plus.
• Working knowledge of lean six sigma and process improvement methodologies.
• Business level Japanese is preferred.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top