Food Safety Manager
External job description
At Amazon.com, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are looking for a Food Safety Manager to join our team.
Our vision for Food Safety is to support Amazon's mission of offering the widest selection of products available, while protecting customers from potential hazardous products. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Food Safety department, focusing on our private label foods. The position will be located in Seattle. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a highly visible space and be part of a vibrant and fast-growing company!
As a high-level summary the deliverables are:
- Coordinate and steer food safety programs at Amazon manufacturing site(s).
- Plan and implement Food Safety and Quality Assurance program according to GFSI standards.
- Work closely with food manufacturing operations to help understand, follow and improve upon food safety and quality programs
- Audit the food manufacturing facility(s) to ensure compliance to Federal, State and Amazon requirements.
- Create corrective action plans to close out the audit non-conformances within agreed to timeframe and follow with preventive actions to prevent recurrences.
- Refine audit process as needed to drive continuous improvement
- Keep abreast of emerging issues/news in food industry and regulatory agencies on food safety and quality requirements that impact manufacturing facilities and provide potential solutions to the leadership team
- Liaise and coordinate with 3P service providers to schedule the visits/needs and follow-up on observations, corrective actions as found necessary
- Support and provide input for learning and development needs of manufacturing employees to establish robust food safety culture at the manufacturing site(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in food science, microbiology or related field
- 5 years of experience in food manufacturing and/or auditing
- Exceptional risk assessment skills (regulatory requirements, safety and quality risks)
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Must have flexible work availability (Sat-Wed work schedule/early mornings/late evening)
- Ability to travel 5-10% of the time.
- Ability to work on weekends and with flexible timings to support manufacturing and sanitation crew needs.
- Experience as a food facility QA manager, auditor or similar position
- Understanding of various food product categories and processing steps
- In-depth knowledge of GFSI standards and how they relate to each other
- Experience working in kitchen and cooking environments that include less than 100 lb batches and ready to eat food formats.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top