- Westborough, MA
Amazon - a place where builders can build.
We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. We want people who will help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution and success is driven by the spirit of invention that's part of our DNA. We do this daily by solving complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity.
We are seeking an exceptional software professional to work as a member of our firmware team. If you're passionate about safety and performance and have an interest in robotics systems, then we'd like to talk to you about becoming part of an organization with global impact on millions of customers. At Amazon Robotics, we invent things that have never been done before. The firmware team is a comprised of super-smart doers who work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and to solve real-world challenges. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help to deliver and maintain the most successful robotic fleet in the world. If you love to delight customers and want to make a difference every day, then join us in making history!
Role and Responsibilities •
• Participate as an active member of the firmware team, developing and maintaining the firmware base of our robotic fleet and safety systems
• Learn and master multiple components with the firmware environment, potentially including areas such as cameras, WiFi, security, navigation, , obstacle avoidance, sensors, and more
• Work with teams of high caliber developers on critical products
• Demonstrate best engineering practices, documentation, and ownership
• You MUST have a strong desire to up-skill and self-develop
The ideal candidate is a top-notch embedded developer, passionate about building things and delivering solutions, and enjoys solving problems in innovative ways. As a part of the firmware development team, you will work on robotic control and safety systems to deliver features to enhance and maintain the most critical components of Amazon's Fulfillment solution. In addition to working on new products and ideas, you must have a strong desire to find issues and have the bias for action to drive the solution of these issues.
• The following statements could be applied to describe your current work experience and breadth/depth of knowledge:
• You have a high level of technical skills required by your role and area of specialty: software development, network engineering, systems engineering, embedded development
• You possess, and utilize best practices in embedded engineering and have a strong sense of making continuous improvements
• You love solving problems and participate in efforts to promote improvements to overall quality and customer experience.
• BA/BS/MS/PhD in computer science or computer engineering or related discipline
• 3+ years of development experience within an embedded environment which must include direct, hands-on experience designing, developing, and debugging one of consumer electronics, medical devices, automotive systems, avionics, industrial, or telecommunications product
• 1+ year experience with an RTOS (Embedded Linux, VxWorks, QNX, ucOS, MQX, Zephyr, or FreeRTOS) and delivering products in a tightly resource constrained environment
• Working knowledge of Linux-based development tools and highly familiar with the C and C++ languages
• Excellent written communication skills.
• Results-oriented, high energy, and self-motivated
• Hands-on knowledge of developing a product to be certified to the IEC-61508 industrial safety standard or other similar standards for medical devices, automotive systems, or avionics
• Working knowledge of Static Analysis and automated unit test case development tools.
• Technical knowledge in at least one system of: wireless, networking, or electro-mechanical control systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top