- Austin, TX
How often have you had the opportunity to be a member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge everyday problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how we are using the internet of things (IoT) to transform and disrupt an entire industry? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on the Key for Business team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation. Key for Business is our patented building access technology which supports Amazon Last Mile in the US.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment that feels like a startup inside a big company. You should be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity that's higher than most projects and relish the idea of solving complex problems at scale. Along the way, we guarantee that you'll learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
In this role you will:
• Design and create world class firmware and software
• Dive into and take ownership of critical design issues and code
• Interact with cross-functional teams across the company, including hardware team
• Participate in design and code reviews
• Address all aspects of technology readiness, including manufacturability
• Help build robust methodology and processes to deliver technology to products
This position can be based in Seattle or Austin
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or similar
• 5+ years of experience in software development in C/C++ and familiarity with SoC and embedded CPU.
• 5+ years of experience with embedded linux and systems programming
• 2+ years of experience in Cellular technologies
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience in Bluetooth/BLE/WiFi technologies
• Experience with ARM core-based microcontrollers
• Experience working with RTOS
• Experience with common wired bus protocols such as SPI, I2C, and UART
• Experience with hardware lab equipment such as digital scope and logic analyzer
• Strong debugging/trouble-shooting skills of embedded systems
• Technical document writing and presentation experience
• Excellent knowledge of firmware/software best practices - coding standards, design/code reviews, version control, build process, testing, and operations
• Experience working with Scrum and/or Agile
• Proficient in spoken/written English language.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top