Fintech Sr. SDM
- São Paulo, Brazil
Are you passionate about leading talented engineering teams that builds high-performance, large scale Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? If so, we are looking for a senior engineering leader in the Amazon Finance Technology (FinTech) team in Brazil.
Amazon FinTech is an organization where people, technology and innovation come together to build products and solve problems for Amazon. Technology solution and services we build enables Amazon's new business growth, provide operational efficiency through automation, compliance with law and analysis of our financial data. Through our products, we aim to provide Amazon competitive advantage for running its business and insights for our customers using state of the art technologies.
The FinTech team owns software platforms responsible for handling billions of dollars worth of transactions that must be processed accurately and timely. Our focus is on innovating and simplifying Amazon's global tax compliance by building and operating Amazon scale platforms. We are looking for an exceptional Senior Software Development Manager (Sr.SDM) in Brazil to enable our customers with scale and capabilities. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
The Sr.SDM will leverage our business processes expertise and lead engineering teams to deliver large-scale software applications and near real time data platforms for serving Amazon's tax functions globally. You will be accountable for driving the entire product life-cycle, from platform product definition through specification, coding, quality assurance and launch.
• 5+ years of people management experience, managing engineers.
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Experience with delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects.
• Experience leading through leaders and leading multiple teams.
• Track record of bringing in and growing engineering talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent).
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with cloud computing and other emerging technologies.
• In-depth understanding of solutions in AWS
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, generate technical designs, and influence product strategy
• Experience supporting Tax systems and other Financial Systems is a plus
Back to top