Finops Projects Bratislava
- Bratislava, Slovakia
Amazon.com employs approximately 650K staff worldwide with more than $250 billion in
Revenue in 2019. As the company continues to scale, we are seeking a project manager to
Lead and develop processes for AP and AR to support the continued expansion of Amazon within the EU.
This position will be responsible for leading a project team including all aspects of managing the team including: hiring, training, and employee development; managing group workload and establishing priorities; ensuring existing policies and procedures are followed; The team will be part of the Finance Services team supporting Europe. This position will be part of a cross functional team supporting Procure to Pay and Order to Cash program initiatives, including support for EMEA business integration and geo expansions. This role will also work closely with the PMO teams, Finance Technology and Operational effectiveness team. They will be responsible on shared goals and initiatives and will act as a coordination point with applicable support centers for transition of transactional and volume driven work to the centers.
The successful candidate will manage a diverse team of finance and project professionals located in Slovakia and work across Europe and globally on initiatives and projects to deliver 'Best in Class" Support and services for the EMEA region.
This position will also act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external business partners. Overall responsible for Audit compliance and Business controls
• Lead a team of 4-6 people working across multiple Finance operations.
Businesses to develop and implement systems to support rapid growth. Performs autonomously and initiate and manages complex, departmental and/or cross- company work.
• Build scalable processes to recruit, train and develop business professionals to support business expansion to support Europe businesses.
• Lead financial review processes with the Finance Operations VP , Directors and senior leaders
• Establish deep relationships with product finance leads in order to develop strategies in support of business growth
• Lead cross functional systems and process improvement initiatives
• Work onboarding new businesses and support geographic expansions for the suite of services provided by Finance Operations Services
• Participate in monthly Operations /Project reviews EMEA leadership in support of services being provided for Europe by Finance Operations Services in Bratislava
• Coordinate with PMO, Operational effectiveness and Finance Technology teams to ensure Europe project have appropriate local sign-off and support
• Partner closely with the Finance Technology team to identify post business launch enhancements necessary for Finance Operations Services to scale with the business initiative.
• Drive continuous improvement in the process which support Europe through close partnership with the Finance Operational Excellence Team
Base pay for this position starts from EUR 5308 gross per month and salary depends on the skills and requirements, there will be further pay components such as a sign on bonus and the eligibility to participate in a restricted stock unit scheme operated independently by Amazon.com Inc. in USA. Company benefits apply subject to further terms, including annual membership in medical clinic, life insurance, retirement pension, meal voucher card, career development
• 15+ years of leadership experience, managing finance, accounting and operational
• Experience in Shared Services, Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable operations.
• Past experience in effectively managing teams
• Proven ability to build and lead large complex finance, accounting, project
• Experience with complex problem solving using Lean / Six Sigma techniques desired
• Proven project management ability and business judgment capable of organizing
problem sets, finding solutions, and executing to a successful conclusion
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Advanced analytical skills and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and
understanding the big picture
• Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
• Internal and external customer obsession and a work ethic based on a strong desire to
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires great people. Develops great people.
• Leads with data and develops audit mechanisms to stay close to the data
• Has relentlessly high standards
• Superior written and verbal communication
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Thinks big and has convictions
• Results oriented
• Has the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Deals well in ambiguous environments
• Retail industry experience (Preferred)
• Experience using Oracle Financial Applications (Preferred)
Back to top