FinOps Manager - AR
- Pune, India
GAR (Global Accts Rec) is looking for a proactive, customer and people centric Finance Team Leader to support the Collections process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the collection efforts, ensuring that accounts are handled appropriately and communicate with clients as required to increase the percentage of on-time payments. This person is result-oriented, multitasker with strong communication skills. Foster team unity as you build relationships while working closely with your team and fellow managers to continually reach department goals.
Summary of Responsibilities
• Be an expert in the collection processes
• Creation and implementation of strategies to increase the number of successful collections on past due invoices and increase the penetration of accounts
• Contribute to improvements in collection projects by identifying any issues, proposing enhancements in tools and working on continuous improvement of collection protocol and process.
• Communicate internally or externally to identify issues and propose solutions for long term sustainability of processes
• Manage direct reports and internal/ external stakeholders
• Assist in resolving escalated discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate resolution.
• Working with the functional leaders and other internal groups to build scalable processes
• Collaborating with the Global Finance Operations team and internal business partners.
• Lead and Participate in operational excellence activities
• Analyze processes, recommend improvements and manage related quality/internal controls indicator.
• Managing annual performance targets, creating and monitoring appropriate performance metrics
• Act as an escalation point in resolving complex outstanding issues with internal and external stakeholders
• Oversee the hiring & training of new team members and support their development
• Ensure productivity is maximized through supervision, training, analysis, and feedback of performance data on a periodic basis
• Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Studies or other related areas
• In depth knowledge of Order to Cash Process
• 10+ years of experience in Accounts Receivables with at least 5 years of people management and collections experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead diverse talent within a team, work cross-functionally, and build consensus on difficult issues
• Managerial skills to handle problems and crisis in a confident and decisive manner.
• Ability to take responsibility for making difficult decisions, taking calculated risks and experimenting with new approaches
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure and with strict deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
• Proven instances in identifying and driving process improvements and operational efficiency projects
• Post-graduation or a Master's Degree Accounting/Finance or a related field
Back to top