FinOps Accounting Manager
- Hyderabad, India
Finance Operations Accounting Department of Amazon China seeks an Accounting manager to join the dynamic group. The successful candidate will have a strong desire in innovating processes and exceed expectations in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
1. Support the Management in all aspects of financial accounting, reporting systems, procedures and policies, process improvement, quality management.
2. On the audit front, the accounting manager will manage department's response to internal and external audit requirements and will also ensure compliance with SOX and policy requirements. The accounting manager is also able to monitor and drive issue remediation.
3. Work with finance operation/ central accounting peers to resolve and escalate issues noted from accounting analysis and follow up the action plan to ensure the issue is entirely fixed.
4. Participate/lead projects that contribute to the team's overall efficiency.
5. Analyze data provided by variant tools and systems for internally financial analysis and reporting.
6.Play an important role in promoting systems/process development within department to ensure ongoing efficiency and control improvements
7. Apply the Six Sigma or Kaizen methodology to identify the opportunity and drive process improvement and automation projects.
• BA/BS in Accounting or similar degree
• 8+ years of large corporation accounting and related ERP systems experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• Six Sigma Black Belt certification or commensurate experience with proven track record of driving a culture of continuous process improvement.
• A proven track record of sound decision-making, taking ownership and delivering results
• A people leader who has experience hiring and developing world-class global teams and scaling the team to meet business needs
• Demonstrated experience solving multiple, complex operational and technical accounting challenges
• Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment, influencing others to achieve goals and successfully driving milestone-driven projects
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• Results-oriented, highly energetic, dynamic individual with hands-on mentality
• Ability to engage with staff at all levels of the organization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
• CPA (or equivalent)
• MBA, MS in Accounting or Finance
• Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies
• MS in Finance or other quantitative areas preferred
• Experience working in a fast paced environment and/or technology business
• Advanced Excel skills and strong understanding of financial reporting and data mining tools (Cognos, Essbase, SQL, etc.), Machine Learning
• Experience working with big data sets and gleaming insights through rigorous analysis
Back to top