Are you ready to restart your career and build the future? The Amazon Returnship Program offers you an opportunity to reboot your skills, refresh your resume with new experience, and relaunch your journey toward your professional goals in a supportive, real-world environment.
The Returnship Program is a paid 16-week, 100% virtual opportunity available to candidates who are returning to their professional career after experiencing 1 or more years of unemployment and/or underemployment. The successful candidate must meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States.
Learn more about Amazon Returnships at www.amazon.jobs/returnships
Amazon seeks a Sr. Financial Analyst to play a key role in our Financial Global Business Services Organization. You will leverage your education and work experience to lead initiatives to streamline planning/reporting, decide on investments, drive efficiency initiatives, and pursue customer experience to drive P&L benefits. The ideal candidate is a proven self-starter with strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and the ability to dive deep. Amazon's finance team is searching for candidates who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. Based on the individual's performance after the returnship, there would be an opportunity to start in a full-time role.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and able to work effectively across multiple teams.
- Build strong business partnering relationships by providing data-driven and decision-supporting analytics.
- Drive improvements in the end-to-end costing process
- Collaborate across multiple teams to develop ad-hoc business cases and present recommendations to senior management.
- Evaluate the trade-offs of different technology choices with respect to cost and performance relative to customer requirements.
- Lead the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
- Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global businesses.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum 5 years of finance experience.
- Upon successful completion of the Returnship Program, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. Offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate's advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to within commuting distance of the assigned office location (Seattle, WA, Arlington, VA, Sunnyvale, CA, Hawthorne, CA, Austin, TX, New York, NY or Nashville, TN). Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunitie s.
- Returnship candidates should not currently be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or graduate degree program
- You are eligible for this program if you have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year.
Examples may be:
o Staying home to raise your family
o Taking needed time off to provide personal care for a loved one
o Venturing to starting your own business
o Necessary sabbatical from the workforce for personal reasons
- § MBA or Masters in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
§ Must possess strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done
§ Ability to think strategically and execute tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
§ High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
§ Working knowledge of SQL, Cognos/TM1 and advanced Excel
§ Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
§ Proven ability to work and strive in a constantly evolving environment
§ Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, demand modeling, time series analysis or data mining is a plus
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $50 /hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.