- Seattle, WA
This 16-week, paid and benefit-eligible, virtual employment opportunity is available to candidates who are looking to resume their professional career after experiencing 1+ years of underemployment and/or unemployment. The successful candidate will meet all of the basic qualifications of this position and can reside anywhere within the United States. Upon successful completion of the returnship, candidates may receive, but are not guaranteed, an offer for full-time employment. In addition to successfully completing the returnship requirements, offers for full-time employment are contingent upon business need and the candidate's advance commitment to relocate, if necessary, to a within commuting distance of the assigned work location office. Relocation assistance is provided for full-time employment opportunities.
This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other professionals who are returning to their careers.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical and able to work effectively across multiple teams.
• Build strong business partnering relationships by providing data-driven and decision-supporting analytics.
• Drive improvements in the end-to-end costing process
• Collaborate across multiple teams to develop ad-hoc business cases and present recommendations to senior management.
• Evaluate the trade-offs of different technology choices with respect to cost and performance relative to customer requirements.
• Lead the financial planning and analysis effort and forecast various metrics for financial risks and opportunities.
• Monitoring compliance with controls and systems, and developing new processes and controls to support the fast-growing, global businesses.
BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or an equivalent combination of education and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• You are eligible for this program if you have been out of the workforce for at least 1 year.
Examples may be:
o Staying home to raise your family
o Taking needed time off to provide personal care for a loved one
o Venturing to starting your own business
o Necessary sabbatical from the workforce for personal reasons
• MBA or Master's in a related field
• Knowledge of SQL, Business Intelligence tools, or the willingness to learn
• Comfortable working with cross-functional teams and dealing with ambiguity.
• Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Advanced modeling skills including strong knowledge of Excel skill
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $ 40/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care, employee discounts, 401(k) savings plans, paid time off, and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Jobs based in Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Jobs based in San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top