The Worldwide Books Finance team has an immediate opening for a Financial Analyst. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most mature but yet transformative businesses at Amazon. The role is expected to provide strong financial controllership, P&L reporting and forecasting, financial analysis and guidance on new business initiatives, cost efficiency projects, executive reporting and variance analysis. It will have significant visibility to senior leadership and will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to meaningfully impact business team's top-line growth as well as contribute to profitability improvements.
• Perform timely and insightful analysis of headcount and operating expenses. Support financial review processes including weekly, monthly and quarterly business financial reviews, planning, forecasting, and ad hoc analytics.
• Create, improve, and maintain financial metrics, reports and scorecards.
• Facilitate headcount and operating expense review meetings with business partners, Finance, and Leadership stakeholders to support decision making.
• Work with data source providers to ensure that data is accurate, automated and timely.
• Build and leverage strong relationships.
• Be able to thrive and deliver results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
This is a rare opportunity to work across multiple components of the P&L, to challenge assumptions and drive change. You'll be diving deep analytically in data and communicating narratives to senior leaders. You'll create and drive best practices for controllership while earning trust and building relationships with business partners and peers in finance. You'll adapt quickly to change in a fast-paced environment and look around corners given your unique perspective. If this sounds like you, the Amazon Worldwide Books team could be the right fit!
3+ years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously and drive projects to completion
• Strong analytical, financial modeling, and reporting skills
• Advanced user of Excel
• Cognos/TM knowledge a plus
• Tableau knowledge a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us