Are you energized by the continuous change of consumer technology and anticipation of the next exciting, new release? Are you inspired by innovation, e-commerce, and the continuous pursuit of improving the customer's experience? Amazon Retail Analyst seeks an analytical, results-oriented Finance Manager to partner with the Retail team that handles goods and experiences of various industries. "Finance" in Amazon has similarities to 経営企画室・経営戦略本部 in Japanese companies with ownership of a wide variety of planning and analysis responsibilities.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team and drive Amazon's Retail operating model. This person will directly partner with business leaders, ensure strong controllership over the business unit's topline, profit and free cash flow, lead financial and operational analyses, and develop and implement plans and mechanisms for business improvement. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to provide strong analytical support for decision-making, to think strategically, to advise in creating/improving mechanisms, and to lead business reviews.
- Partner with Directors and Senior Managers to drive strategic initiatives and long term success
- Develop financial and operational plans to achieve long-term business goals
- Conduct business reviews, evaluate progress toward business goals, and communicate progress to senior management
- Perform analyses and develop financial frameworks to identify opportunities for business improvement
- Review and report monthly and quarterly financial and operational performance to business leaders
- Maintain a strong financial control environment
- Proven, established professional experience in analytical position such as finance, consulting, business analysis, revenue management, or web analytics
- Ability to use MS Excel to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate analysis and insights to senior stakeholders.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and contribution to organization development.
- Bachelor's degree required in business, finance, or related field required
- 5+ years in finance, consulting, strategic planning or roles that owns P/L, with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
- Fluent Japanese and strong written and verbal English
- MBA Preferred
- Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to adopt to changes and lead changes
- Fluent written and verbal Business English