Financial Analyst - Procurement
- Seattle, WA
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. Our analysts work with multiple sites, they help others understand financial decisions and are the trusted business advisor. They employ every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to manage fast and smart. You will also provide the business with big leadership bringing a deep knowledge and a proven record of accomplishment. You already know how to make sense between which details that make all the difference, and those that don't add value. You know the difference between investing wisely, and money wasted.
This position partners with our Procurement/Engineering team. Procurement/Engineering is a service provided WW and as such the finance support is WW. A Financial Analyst for the Procurement/Engineering team will provide primary support to the Procurement team to validate procurement methodologies, support vendor negotiations and strategy, and create analysis to identify cost out opportunities and benefits impacting the business. The analyst will be willing to go into the "field" to meet with vendors and network partners to assess the needs and bring back ideas for implementation to the greater group. The analyst will be assigned a leadership partner in Procurement and will support a defined commodity list and will help that partner to drive change and stabilize our cost containment efforts in the marketplace. If you love to Dive Deep and Deliver results, Procurement has a challenge for you.
Job Responsibilities include:
• Expertise collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability
• Assist in the development of all weekly and monthly financial close, all planning, forecasting, and reporting models and their continuous innovation and communicating to your Operations partners
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Proven ability to support a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 3+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top