As a Strategic Account Analyst you will support Amazon Kindle Off Line Device (KOR) customers to identify and resolve billing issues, reconcile accounts and drive monthly collection targets. A successful individual will be self-motivatedsomeone who can recognize how processes can improve and effectively implement positive changes. The candidate must also be able to build strong cross-functional relationships and demonstrate exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail. You will earn trust with our customers to facilitate timely payment.
• Manage strategic account customer receivables and work with team members to maximize Amazon's cash flow by solving customer payment issues.
• Full cycle of accounts receivable past due balances, including research, analysis and account reconciliations, proof of delivery validation, charge backs and returns.
• Calling customers and scheduling resolution sessions to understand the procure-to-pay cycles of our customers.
• Managing and resolving invoice discrepancies to ensure timely and accurate receivables
• Managing internal and external Accounts Receivable inquiries
• Maintain customer relationships by responding timely and accurately to both internal (company) and external customer questions and requests for information
• Understand the Amazon billing processes to provide guidance to customers, identify defects and drive resolution upstream of AR
• Understand the pain points of customers and solve our customer's problems
• Educate customers on self-service tools and implement best practices to streamline their procure to pay processes
• Develop policies, procedures and processes with internal support teams, then implement and enforce globally (continuous improvement cycle)
• Providing prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to customers
• Escalating when appropriate to direct manager and/or senior leaders
• Keeping detailed notes, task creation and reminders in our collections tools
• Acting as the Voice of the Customer for our top tier customers and Sales Teams, reporting and acting on observed areas for improvement
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or Information Systems
• 4 years of experience in the areas of finance, business management and/or sales operations
• 4 years of business to business collections experienc.
Retail B2B AR/AP experience with the order-to-cash process and operational knowledge of the retails product promotions, returns, shortages, shipping and receiving.
• Prior shipping or logistics experience
• Demonstrated Excel skills
• Experience working with big data analysis and/or financial data
• Experience working across internal and external organizations
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Experience using Tableau or other BI tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.