Financial Analyst, North America Consumer
Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world's most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online. Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst based in Seattle to join its North America Consumer Finance team. The organization consists of US Media businesses including Books, Music and Video Games as well as emerging consumer products markets in Canada and Mexico. The position offers a unique opportunity to work closely with the leadership of Media, Canada and Mexico consumer organizations while acting as the link with the Amazon Corporate finance team. In this capacity, you will lead financial processes covering P&L management, monthly/quarterly business reviews and operating plan development. You will help others understand our financials and be the trusted finance advisor to several business and finance teams. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, a strong analytical skillset and curiosity about the inner workings and strategy of the businesses.
- Lead P&L planning and monthly/quarterly review processes by setting, communicating and executing to timelines
- Analyze topline sales trends and evaluate performance versus forecast and plan
- Build management reporting that is both efficient and that can scale with the company's growth
- Develop and maintain models used to review financials performance and variance analyses
- Drive cross-business analytic projects for senior management, with financial modeling, data mining and presentation support
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business, computer science, engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of relevant Finance experience
- Strong analytic, financial modeling and reporting skills
- Experience and ability to use Essbase, Cognos, or similar tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Cognos planning and reporting tools and SQL preferred
- Experience building processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverables
- Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience building and managing Financial Models for business forecasting and variance analysis
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top