Financial Analyst - Inbound Transportation
Are you interested in diving deep and analyzing a fast, complicated yet highly efficient Amazon customer fulfillment network that covers Rails, Trucks, Airplanes and Ships that drive fulfillment of billions of customer orders? Do you get excited about solving real world supply chain fulfillment problems? Do you want to make a significant impact to Amazon's bottom line and save billions? If you answered yes, Domestic Inbound / Imports Finance is the place for you.
We are looking for a highly analytical, curious, resourceful and experienced Financial Analyst to analyze the impact of existing programs, deep-dive/root cause issues, develop new business metrics, develop quarterly and annual forecasts, identify and quantify opportunities for cost savings, and partner with internal stakeholders to help to reduce US total supply chain costs.
The Financial Analyst will analyze large amounts of data, discover and solve real world business issues and impact Amazon customers directly through key business decisions. You will design, develop, troubleshoot, evaluate and publish in-depth analyses to support strategic and tactical decision-making by senior leadership. You will help to evolve the team's practices, constantly looking for improvements in analyzing and understanding data and reporting.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, understand key business drivers and:
- Have an extremely high level of customer focus and partnering with key internal customers.
- · Have experience with doing analysis in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- · Have ability to build and manage models for problem solving, variance analysis, and business forecasting
- · Be capable of monitoring existing metrics, analyzing data and independently drive business changes.
- · Have relevant technical experience to analyze complex datasets from SQL, Excel, Tableau and other scripting languages/statistical tools
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 2+ years' relevant experience in positions that require financial analysis including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
- 1+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- Experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- 1+ years of relevant finance experience
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment; work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage complex financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- Advanced excel and analysis skills
- Experience with SQL is a strong plus
- Strong interpersonal skills — including written and oral communication skills
- MBA preferred
(Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation)
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top