Financial Analyst II, Operations - Nationwide Locations
Financial Analyst II
Finance is all about the numbers…unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Enthusiasm and energy help us deliver new ideas, and solutions. Do you view problems as treasures, and are you willing to dive deep to develop those solutions and deliver results? Will you seek to challenge the status quo, and accept that your ideas and mechanisms may be tested daily? At Amazon, we move with purpose and speed, and this requires we work with a dynamic network of Operations, HR, Tech and Retail partners. We help others understand finance and are the trusted business advisors by employing every facet of data and communication to ensure our partners and our leaders have the most up to date and reliable information to help them make the best possible decision. Come teach us a few things, and we'll teach you a few things as we navigate the most customer-centric company on Earth.
The Worldwide Customer Service Finance team is looking for a Financial Analyst to join our Reverse Logistics Operations team, which includes Transportation, Labor, and Fulfillment Topology for 11 countries. You will partner with the Transportation Finance and Operations teams to provide insightful analysis to support the future investments in this space. You will also build and leverage an extensive cross-functional partnership with consumer retail businesses and finance teams to drive cost reduction while improving customer experience.
This is a perfect position for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Your experience has taught you how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know which details make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Perform business case analysis and recommend strategies and programs that guide the organization on long-term investments, as well as prioritizing and leading cost-reduction efforts in Transportation, Fulfillment Center Labor Planning, and Network Topology for Reverse Logistics
- Manage and develop financial models for planning, forecasting, and reporting Worldwide Transportation Costs and Labor Costs for Reverse Logistics
- Partner with Fulfillment Center Operations and Transportation teams to deliver information as well as enhance reporting capability
- Monitor transportation manifest by carriers on weekly basis and assist finance and business teams to resolve off-manifest issues
- Monitor various productivity metrics for Reverse Logistics Fulfillment Centers on weekly basis and assist Operations teams with deep dives
- Partner with Business Intelligence team on execution and automation of weekly and monthly business review metrics including ensuring that all information provided is timely and accurate
- Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the Operations on improving and creating new measures
- Ability to travel; 10% travel expected, primarily to local operation
- Proven expertise managing, evaluating, analyzing quickly and creating meaningful business reporting
- Proven ability to manage a team with competing priorities & providing level-headed guidance during unexpected events such as weather issues during peak
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 2+ years' relevant experience in positions that require financial analysis including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
- 1+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- MBA preferred
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
- Familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top