Financial Analyst - GCF ACES
- Seattle, WA
Who we are:
Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Central Functions Finance provides optimized, effective, and timely analysis to drive the Fulfillment Center dual charter of lower cost and faster delivery. Our finance team provides analytical support varying between macro level strategic issues with our Steam business partner, to micro level crisp financial analyses that indicate go/no-go recommendations on specific capacity and savings projects. Our partner teams include GCF supply chain and capacity, Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES), Fulfillment by Amazon, and our FP&A team supports the entire GCF organization.
GCF Central Functions Finance seeks a Financial Analyst on the GCF ACES team.
Team Exposure/Scope: This position partners with our Global Customer Fulfillment (GCF) Amazon Customer Excellence (ACES). The team supports Consumer Fulfillment by managing cross functional projects that address complex challenges with elegant solutions through partnership with our tech teams. GCF ACES consistently focuses on customer experience (speed, selection and cost) by supporting the field operators through projects focused on system driven decision making, operator tool optimization and process transformation. GCF ACES serves as an innovation engine and works with incredibly talented teams and cutting edge technology!
Success in this role: The person in this role will support various leaders in this group providing financial insight and leadership. The role will function in a controllership capacity managing overall spend, investment ask, review and execution. In addition, the role will partner on strategic initiatives as the network scales in size to eliminate execution risk and improve cost efficiency. The successful candidate will enjoy the challenges and rewards of working in a fast-growing organization and be able to handle ambiguity. This is a high visibility position with big scope of creativity and self-development. The ideal candidate will be creative and an analytical problem solver with the ability to fulfill the Amazon motto to "Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History."
• Identifies basic control risks, evaluates impact, proposes changes, and implements improvements to remediate gaps.
• Delivers weekly/monthly financial close. Uses financial systems and advanced MSExcel functions to work with large data sets. Outputs plans, forecasts, budgets, and consolidations.
• Works with a variety of data sources. Identifies incomplete or inaccurate data, identifies root causes of data issues, escalates discrepancies, fixes data where possible or partners to deliver a solution.
• Uses active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjusts style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly.
• Identifies and implements solutions to resolve, improve, automate, standardize, or simplify finance processes.
• Makes thoughtful time management decisions independently. Prioritizes work, resolves issues, meets deadlines, and seeks feedback from your manager. Discerns between urgent and non-urgent issues and acts accordingly to solve them.
• Drives own self-development in the Finance Community: seeks opportunities to expand finance expertise. Participates in events, initiatives, and projects, then shares gained knowledge in and outside of your team.
• Contributes to work life harmony by being a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members as an indicator of operations excellence.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 3+ years of finance experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA/Professional certifications (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Demonstrated financial acumen and analytical experience delivering forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results.
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas, creative solutions and supporting a team with competing priorities.
• Manage and prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment.
• Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus.
• Ability to travel; 10%+ travel expected, primarily to local operations, in addition to regional support.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top