Financial Analyst - Fraud Prevention
- Pune, India
Amazon is seeking a Risk Specialist to support the Finance Operations Risk Management Services in Accounts Payable at Amazon. We are looking for a strong leader that will take ownership and drive change in a dynamic global business environment. This individual will ensure Amazon's Finance Operations processes stay ahead of risks in areas of process design, internal control effectiveness, computer system integration, and other relevant areas through a culture of continuous inspection of our processes, systems, and key business initiatives.
This individual must be eager to dive deep into processes and have a proven record of delivering process efficiency results. The preferred candidate will have outstanding data analysis and auditing skills, problem solving skills, systems and process knowledge, and customer service passion.
• Carry out the vision and mission of TERA team to prevent, detect, and investigate issues of potential fraud and financial abuse by employees within the company
• Review employees expense reimbursements and spend on corporate cards for compliance with Amazon Travel and Expense reimbursement policy
• Understand and follow Amazon's policies and procedures on expense reimbursement and corporate cards
• Execute audits, deep dives, and special projects in a timely manner while communicating recommendations and findings to management and other stakeholders
• Identify and clearly define issues and root causes for the potential fraud and financial abuse and work with various operations team to improve their process
• Provide inputs for Finance Automation to build mechanisms to detect expense fraud
• Maintain the productivity target set
• Coordinate with different team members to conduct deep dives walkthroughs and quality reviews of evidence to resolve complex problems
• Support each team member, including other Finance Operations teams, on any activities assigned to the team as a whole
• MBA/Post graduate degree in finance and/or professional qualification like Chartered Accountant
• Minimum of 5+ years of relevant professional experience in Internal audit, external audit or accounts payable
• Experience in data analysis using Excel, VBA etc.
• Minimum of 1+ years of team lead or team management experience
• Work experience in expense reimbursement audit, corporate cards fraud, employee investigations or any other forensic investigation. Prior Forensic experience or CFE would be an added advantage
• Ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong leadership and analytical skills, and ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Strong interpersonal skills, including persuasive written and oral communication skills
• Strong forensic data analysis skills with experience writing SQL or Python and using Tableau or QuickSight for visualization
Back to top