Amazon seeks an experienced Financial Analyst to support and play a key role on the Alexa team. Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon devices designed around your voice. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
The right candidate will be self-motivated, have strong intellectual curiosity and a solid understanding of financial statements. This role requires the ability to interact confidently with cross-functional teams and senior leadership. The candidate must be able to balance competing priorities and provide meaningful suggestions and insight, backed by data driven analysis.
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 3+ years of relevant financial analysis experience
- Proven proficiency with Excel
- Analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
- Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis and/or data interpretation and analysis.
- Solid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and a demonstrated strong sense of business management; proven ability to develop new ideas and ability to deliver solutions
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top