Financial Analyst AWS
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. The Harris Poll recently found Amazon to be the most trusted company in the United States, with products and services ranked over Apple and Google. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world's most successful companies. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative, creative and fastest growing teams at Amazon.
Amazon Web Services seeks a Financial Analyst for our Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team to drive analytics to support key senior leadership and management reporting. In addition, this is a critical role for owning and continuously improving the FP&A month-end close process. This position will partner with other AWS FP&A teams to deliver timely and insightful reporting and analysis for Month-end close processes, assist in quarterly and annual financial planning as well as execute ad-hoc projects as needed. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, able to create and maintain efficient processes as well as develop and maintain relationships with key AWS Finance FP&A leaders. Some of the core responsibilities include:
- Serve as key business partner working directly with internal and external stakeholders to provide insights into key financials and performance indicators. You must have the ability to structure problems, perform analysis and present to your business partners, exhibiting the ability to dissent, while building trust with your business partners.
- Consolidate and own reporting for key senior leadership reporting like quarterly metrics reports and back-up reports in prep for BOD meetings
- Report monthly financials and operating metrics and enforce strong financial controllership. Be an integral member in the monthly financial close process and perform ad-hoc projects and analysis as needed
- Work closely with the AWS Finance TM1 team to drive process and reporting improvements
- Work on ad hoc projects and tasks
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, business or related field
- 2 to 3+ years of relevant finance experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos TM1/Oracle)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Familiarity with financial reporting software (Cognos/Oracle/Essbase)
- Advanced analytical skills and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment (SQL knowledge is a plus)
- Experience building and managing Financial Models for business forecasting and variance analysis
- Experience establishing processes and coordinating multiple teams to facilitate timely and accurate deliverables
- Comfortable with analyzing large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage financial models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Strong attention to detail
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top