Financial Analyst, Accounting
- London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a Financial Analyst to become a key member of the UK Accounting team, located in our London office. The role has responsibility for the controllership and accounting function in support of the UK operations. The accounting flows are operated in multiple legal entities with involvement of a number of stakeholders in different locations.
In addition to the accounting and reporting responsibilities, the individual will drive cross-border projects and develop best practice in processes and controllership on an international level. They will also drive implementation of policies with the financial leadership team based out of worldwide Amazon locations.
Candidates for this position will be expected to demonstrate they were top performers at their level.
Scope / key responsibilities:
As a representative of the UK Accounting team, this position has a mix of operational and project based accounting responsibilities including but not limited to:
• Preparation of various deliverables to support both internal and external financial reporting needs, including analytic commentary and the preparation of supplementary financial analysis for management and other stakeholders.
• Preparation and review of monthly balance sheet account reconciliations and annual financial statements.
• Leading certain month end close activities, ensuring that relevant deadlines are met.
• Direct responsibility for improving accounting processes and controls for a business with a high volume of transactions.
• Actively participating in cross functional project launches from scoping through to testing and launch.
Responsibility for actively engaging with a variety of stakeholders within the business, including technology and administrative team on business integration projects.
• BA or equivalent degree required
• Must hold CIMA, ACCA, and ACA or similar credentials gained whilst working in a large accounting professional services company
• Relevant accounting experience (public accounting /industry mix preferred)
• Demonstrable ability to work to tight deadlines on critical projects
• A strong desire to exceed expectations
• Will have worked in a large multi-national organisation of similar size and scope
• Solid organizational, project management skills, and information technology aptitude
• Will have experience of working with UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP standards
• Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
• UK GAAP and IFRS experience required
Back to top