- Perth, Australia
Amazon seeks a Financial Analyst to join the Amazon Key team. The Key Team is inventing and implementing pioneering initiatives for Amazon deliveries and services. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to partner with the Key organization, which consists of product, marketing, engineering, and sales to provide analytical support and strategic insights to support the growth of the business. Candidate should have familiarity modeling new businesses with an opaque amount of data, going deep into modeling. This position will work directly with senior business leaders on a weekly basis and will be responsible for financial modeling and analysis for planning, business reviews, and the evaluation of business opportunities with other internal teams and/or external companies such as hardware companies in the secure home space. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity; dives deep into data to find insights, is detail-oriented, and has the ability to work well with cross-functional teams. Come join an exciting industry and fast growing business.
Key responsibilities include:
• Financial and operational reporting, planning and forecasting
• Working with the business intelligence organization to drive meaningful reporting and analysis
• Developing financial models for new business concepts
• Working directly with the marketing team to deliver cost-effective marketing campaigns
• Defining and owning the business metrics and KPIs for our products and services
• Supporting the design, implementation and maintenance of processes and systems that lead to increased controllership around marketing and headcount spend
• 3+ years of experience in a finance, engineering or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced Excel and business modeling skills
• Knowledge of SQL, database, and data mining
• Demonstrated aptitude and enthusiasm for complex strategic problem solving utilizing financial modeling and analysis with an attention to detail to ensure data integrity in reports used in senior management reviews
• Solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results with a focused and pragmatic approach to the business
• Experience operating successfully in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment, and the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives
• Independent and entrepreneurial with the ability to work with minimal direction
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top