- Dublin, Ireland
Amazon is seeking a highly analytical and resourceful Financial Analyst to support our EU Middle Mile Network. Amazon transportation is continuously innovating on behalf of our customers to deliver more selection, more quickly, and at lower prices. In this role, you will drive profitability and customer experience by directly impacting the development, planning, and execution of our transportation network. The role will require quickly learning and fully grasping the business's economics to understand the big picture, gaining proficiency in our data systems to capture the right details, and communicating clearly and succinctly to effectively partner with business leaders and influence decisions. Given the nature of this initiative, you will have to venture into unknown territory, and help the team learn how to succeed in a new space.
• Extracting, combining, and summarizing data to analyze the financial impact of new initiatives, and effectively communicating key findings to senior leadership to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions
• Working closely with business partners, stakeholders, and other finance teams across transportation, fulfillment, supply chain, and technology teams to reduce cost while improving customer experience
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering or other fields with an analytical focus
• 2+ years of corporate finance or related analytical experience
• Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
• Proven ability to develop strategic relationships with business partners
• Proven ability to solve complex problems and perform root cause analyses
• High capacity to prioritize workload and achieve effective results within tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing, and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (macros, pivots, lookups)
• Demonstrated financial acumen or experience delivering quantitative analyses
• Fluent in English
• MBA from a highly regarded school, professional certification, or 4+ years of relevant experience performing financial or other quantitative analyses with demonstrated career progression
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Back to top