- Cork, Ireland
Are you looking for your next big Finance role? If you want to be part of history, this is your opportunity to work with one of the world's most successful companies. Amazon Web Services ("AWS") is a key part of the Amazon group and is a high-growth, fast-moving business, where new and diverse opportunities arise every day. To meet the growing demand for AWS Services in EMEA, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to join our team in Cork. We are currently recruiting a Financial Accountant to join the AWS EMEA Revenue Accounting team.
This individual will be an experienced accounting professional, who consistently exceeds expectations, thrives in a challenging workplace environment and will take ownership of monthly, quarterly and annual close processes for both group and statutory reporting purposes.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We focus on developing our people to help them succeed in their role and grow their career.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Being a key participant in monthly AWS EMEA Corporate Accounting close processes for Revenue in multiple legal entities. This will include the preparation and review of journals, analytical review of monthly results and account reconciliations;
• Identifying and supporting process improvements and automation to reduce manual effort drive toward Global standardization through the adoption of evolving tools such as mySQL and Power BI;
• Working on projects entailing the on-boarding of new entities, new business offerings and activities, ensuring that Revenue processes and controls are in place prior to launch;
• Demonstrating strong technical accounting acumen to be able to opine on accounting treatment of new product launches, projects and complex transactions;
• Business partnering with AR, VAT, Finance, Sales and AWS Expansion teams;
• Collaborating with global Revenue Accounting teams to identify opportunities for standardization;
• Developing in depth knowledge of the AWS business and products to facilitate preparation of analytical review for internal and external reporting;
• Participating in preparation and review of statutory financial statements.
• Being a strong team player, who can operate globally, cross-functionally and at all levels of the organization, taking ownership and demonstrating self-initiative.
• Minimum 4+ years of experience with an emphasis on accounting, preferably gained within a Big Four firm or a multinational organization;
• Excellent communication skills with fluent English;
• Proficient Microsoft Excel user.
• University degree in Accounting or Finance;
• ACCA, ACA, CPA or CIMA qualification;
• Experienced ERP user;
• Working experience with US GAAP / IFRS.
Back to top