Amazon Finance & Global Business Services (FGBS) plays a key role in the company's mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. FGBS includes finance functions like Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), Accounting, Tax, as well as other functions like Global Real Estate and Facilities (GREF), Investor Relations, and Benchmarking. The FGBS Team is looking for an Finance Reporting Analyst to join the FinOps Services operation in Costa Rica.
Are you analytically sharp, keen to make a difference? Would you love to take on the challenge to partner up to ensure the highest levels of customer experience for Amazon Finance Operations Services? You will become part of a highly skilled team, supporting multiple locations in Americas, across three functional units: Payroll, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable. This role exists in a challenging environment, within a fast-growing office.
In Finance Operations "FinOps", you will find yourself working with talented people committed to driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence. This role will be a key driver of critical improvement initiatives, adopting a programmatic approach to the continued development of the FinOps support model for Amazon Business customers. This includes driving ownership of key deliverables across these businesses, tech teams, and other stakeholders in order to implement scalable solutions. The role will use complex problem solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities, and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
As a Finance Reporting Analyst, you will:
• Draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders and senior management.
• Propose reporting and audit procedures to measure the effectiveness of programs and site goals attainment.
• Actively seek the voice of your customers to improve outcomes.
• Communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with stakeholders that have maximum data or domain experience.
• Prepare data summary and statistical reports for FinOps Management.
• Drive program objectives provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities, open to new ideas, and have Amazon's FinOps success firmly in your focus.
• Drive resolution of critical issues for critical customers as well as support processes/systems deep dives to ensure root cause analysis and correction resulting in improved customer experience.
• Work cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
• Bachelors Degree in BA, or related fields.
• 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects.
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management.
• 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Full professional proficiency: English & Spanish.
• Master's degree in Management, Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field.
• Full professional proficiency in Portuguese.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines.
• Green Belt or Black Belt in Lean Six Sigma.
• Experience in identifying and mitigating operational risk.
• Ability to create a compelling business case in writing.
• Experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and other financial operations functions.
• Exceptional communication skills and interpersonal skills; ability to present to senior leadership.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated in a fast-paced, often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment.