Amazon seeks an experienced Senior Manager to be the Global Process Owner for Non Finance Operations Accounts on the Finance Operations Accounting & Analysis (FOAA) team. Finance Operations enables and accelerates Amazon's growth by improving the vendor and seller experience through automation and innovative process improvements that simplify doing business with Amazon and that enable lower prices and greater selection for our customers. This position is the key partner to Central Accounting and will partner with FOAA Service Center leads, Global Operations and Accounting teams to identify and mitigate areas of controllership risk, compliance risk, and related financial accounting impacts.
The ideal candidate is a highly proactive self-starter with a strong operational and accounting background, problem solving skills and attention to detail who will take ownership and drive positive change including evaluating and streamlining existing operational and accounting processes, controls and metrics. This role manages a team of 6-8 people and has regular interaction with various business units across Amazon and therefore requires strong interpersonal, employee development and communication skills.
• Set goals for functional area globally
• Drive and prioritize automation projects within FOAA to deliver baseline savings goals, reduce the number of manual journal entries and improve self assessment scores.
• Drive operational excellence by identifying business process re-engineering opportunities and partnering with project teams to provide accounting requirements that maintain highest level of controllership
• Drive global reporting format standardization and set SLA's
• Ensure all Central Accounting Deliverables are met within SLA; analyzing account activity; validating account balances are materially correct; explaining business drivers for account balance fluctuations
• Influencing business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and presentation of alternatives
• Facilitate financial review meetings with FinOps leadership, including design and review of internal financial reports
• Raise the bar on hiring, developing, and retaining the best talent to continue building our world class team of finance professionals
• BA/BS in Accounting or similar degree
• 10+ years of large corporation accounting and related systems experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• CPA (or equivalent)
• Big 4 public accounting and/or operational accounting experience with Fortune 500 companies
• Experience with translating accounting conclusions into operational processes
• MS in Finance or other quantitative areas preferred
• Experience working in a fast paced environment and/or technology business
• Advanced Excel skills and strong understanding of financial reporting and data mining tools (Cognos, Essbase, SQL, etc.)
• A proven track record of sound decision-making, taking ownership and delivering results
• A people leader who has experience hiring and developing world-class global teams and scaling the team to meet business needs
• Demonstrated experience solving multiple, complex operational and accounting challenges
• Demonstrated experience working in a matrix environment, influencing others to achieve goals and successfully driving milestone-driven projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a customer focused, professional demeanor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.