Finance Manager, Seller Reimbursements and Defects
- Seattle, WA
Are you customer obsessed, flexible, smart and analytical, strategic yet execution focused, passionate about e-commerce, and an experienced and entrepreneurial leader? If yes, this opportunity will appeal to you.
Global Customer Fulfillment has an immediate opening for a Finance Manager to support Worldwide Defect Prevention and Reconciliation. This leader will be responsible for developing metrics and driving process improvements and will partner with the Fulfillment By Amazon Business and Tech teams to create the future vision of how Seller Reimbursements and Defects are managed.
In this role, you will identify the root cause of Seller defects and reimbursement related issues, identify and execute processes to eliminate seller defects in the supply chain and work with process partners across Amazon to resolve. You will interact with our global teams and partner with software development engineers, operations product and program managers and international finance teams. The successful candidate will have a controllership mindset and is focused on eliminating waste while creating, developing, and driving solutions that lead to a richer end to end Seller experience and improve FBA profitability.
• Serve as the finance leader working directly with the Defect Prevention and Reconciliation product team and other internal stakeholders to provide financial recommendations
• Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives. Must be able to effectively communicate strategies / plans to VP level management and have experience influencing and working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a cross-matrix environment
• Support the financial planning and analysis processes with metrics and data insights for financial risks, opportunities, and investment decisions. Work with product development and internal software development teams to identify and prioritize requirements for program enhancements
• Actively participate in the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual business performance reviews
• Develop, report, and analyze key input metrics that support team goals
• Ensure compliance with controls and systems, and develop new processes to support the fast-growing business
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working with data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MS Access, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems
• Advanced degree (MBA)
• Effective leader with the ability to navigate ambiguity and work in uncharted territory
• Curiosity to learn a complex business area
• Controllership mindset
• Efficient leadership achieving effective results in a fast-paced, growing and ambiguous environment
• Demonstrable leadership skills and experience in a business partnering role
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously, though never losing sight of the big picture
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate and to simplify both finance and operational processes
• Leadership experience with demonstrated and proven ability to take on and create new solutions
• Demonstrated ability to deal with adversity and rapidly changing operating conditions while successfully driving complex and milestone driven projects
• Experience in an E-Commerce or Retail company
• Experience working in a highly matrixed environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top