Finance Manager - Same Day Operations
- Santa Monica, CA
Do you pioneer? Do you enjoy breaking down and solving complex problems for the benefit of a quickly expanding customer base, focusing first on customers and working backwards? Do you want to be part of an organization that is designing and launching new business models across the world? If so, the Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) Operations Finance team is looking for an experienced leader with a record of achieving results.
Who we are:
The Global Specialty Fulfillment Operations team (GSF) covers a portfolio of businesses with unique fulfillment and operational capabilities such as Amazon Fresh, Whole Foods Market Online, Amazon Heavy/Bulky, Amazon Business, Same Day Operations, Locker+, and Treasure Truck. Our Finance teams partner closely with our operations teams to influence the strategic direction of the business, drive operations excellence, and make sound investment and expansion decisions, with the primary goal of continuously improving the customer experience while driving long-term profitability for our portfolio of businesses. Our teams experiment, fail fast, learn, and scale rapidly, and we have a culture of data-driven decision-making.
Career Opportunities: The GSF Finance team seeks a Finance Manager to support a new and fast growing business in building an innovative same day fulfillment operations network. This role will drive impactful decisions and focus on strong business partnership with senior field leadership. It will require significant ownership and collaboration across organizations to drive performance and quality across the entire US footprint. This is an exciting opportunity to create and innovate on behalf of our customers, and build the online same day fulfillment experience of the future.
Success in this role:
The successful candidate will have shown experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with excellent modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with corporate and operations senior leadership and therefore requires strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
• With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
• Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
• You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
• Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated financial acumen and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top