Finance Manager, Retail
- Tokyo, Japan
Are you energized by the continuous change of consumer technology and anticipation of the next exciting, new release? Are you inspired by innovation, e-commerce, and the continuous pursuit of improving the customer's experience? Amazon Retail Finance seeks an analytical, results-oriented Finance Manager to partner with the Retail Media team. "Finance" in Amazon has similarities to 経営企画室・経営戦略本部 in Japanese companies with ownership of a wide variety of planning and analysis responsibilities.
This role is the finance leader for physical Media including Books, one of the largest and most diverse categories in Retail, Video Games, Software, Music and DVDs, which are at the center of the physical-to-digital macro transformation. This is a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team and drive Amazon's Retail operating model. This person will directly partner with business leaders, ensure strong controllership over reporting and financial processes, lead financial and operational analyses, and develop and implement plans for business improvement. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to provide strong analytical support for decision-making, to think strategically, and to build and manage a great team.
• Partner with Directors and Senior Managers to drive strategic initiatives and long term success
• Develop financial and operational plans to achieve long-term business goals
• Conduct business reviews, evaluate progress toward business goals, and communicate progress to senior management
• Perform analyses and develop financial frameworks to identify opportunities for business improvement
• Manage reporting of weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial and operational performance
• Maintain a strong financial control environment over financial processes and reporting
• Proven, established professional experience in analytical position such as finance, consulting, business analysis, revenue management, or web analytics
• Ability to use MS Excel to build and manage models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate analyses and insights to senior stakeholders.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Bachelor's degree required in business, finance, or related field required
• 5+ years in finance roles with progressively increasing levels of responsibility
• Fluent Japanese and strong written and verbal English
• MBA Preferred
• Proficiency in analysis tools including Microsoft Excel, SQL, and statistics software
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Highly motivated, organized individual who is able to work effectively with minimal supervision
• Proven ability to manage a team including prioritization of diverse priorities
• Fluent written and verbal Business English
Back to top