Who we are: The Specialty Retail Stores (SRS) finance team supports some of Amazon's most exciting physical retail shopping experiences, including Amazon 4-star, Amazon Books and Amazon Pop-Ups stores. Our stores are a physical extension of the best of Amazon.com and we put our customers at the center of everything we do. Our teams continue to innovate our concepts, assort the most highly rated products and build experiences our customers love.
The Opportunity: We are looking for a Finance Manager to serve as the finance owner for critical components of store operations, including labor planning, ops integration and store expense management. It will also collaborate with business and field teams to improve controllership, reporting, and planning for store ops. It will build metrics and tools necessary to more deeply understand business drivers, inputs, and outputs. From these metrics, it will perform deep dive analysis to identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and reduce costs. A successful candidate will demonstrate strong business judgement, be comfortable with complicated datasets, and proactively anticipate business needs. They will both generate insights to influence business decisions and establish processes that will scale as the business grows in size and complexity.
Team exposure: This role partners closely with multiple business and finance teams across the company, including other Physical Stores finance teams to share learnings, best practices, and implement solutions that work across businesses. It will also have exposure to senior finance leaders, senior business leaders and stores FP&A.
• Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
• With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
• Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
• You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
• Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.