Finance Manager- Outbound Transportation
- Seattle, WA
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, creative, and driven people. If you want to help make history and have fun, Amazon is the place for you. And if you like getting Amazon packages in a day or less, join the team that's making it happen!
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to join the Global Transportation Services Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. This position will work closely with various stakeholders across the fulfillment network including Operations network design, fulfillment centers, line haul, sort centers, Amazon Air, last mile delivery, customer service, and systems teams to solve complex problems that directly impact Amazon's customers. This highly visible role will ultimately partner with the United States, Canada, and Europe FP&A teams to align assumptions, share best practices, and assist in consolidated financial reporting.
• Drive and track continuous improvement and progress toward our organizational goals.
• Own the consolidated financial story for transportation during month-end close, monthly and quarterly business reviews, and forecasting/planning cycles.
• Ensure common metrics and definitions are being used consistently across the Operations and Finance organizations.
• Own headcount controllership for the Global Transportation Services organization
• Present ad hoc business analysis and recommendations to senior leadership.
• Recommend improvements and provide scoping documents for system enhancements to simplify reporting.
• Partner with stakeholder teams to identify further opportunities.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 2+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
• Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or related field
• Strong analytic, financial modeling, and reporting skills
• Advanced knowledge of Excel
• Experience with data extraction using SQL, Tableau, or similar tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated attention to detail, deal with ambiguity, and successfully lead cross-functional teams
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment
• Comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting their findings to senior leadership
• Evidence of stretch assignments that reflect superior performance in previous roles
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top