Finance Manager, Global Imaging Services
- Seattle, WA
Finance is all about the numbers...unless you work at Amazon; it's knowing the numbers and so much more. Do you want to be instrumental in shaping the customer shopping experience by bringing your business and financial acumen to our Product Imaging team?
We are looking for a talented and bright financial leader to be a Finance Manager for our World-Wide Imaging Services & Technology team. This rapidly growing business serves a vital role in Amazon's commitment to offering customers an exceptional shopping experience through management of imaging studios, creative services and imaging technology including robotics, computer generated imagery, and augmented reality. This role will have a direct impact on driving the future of Amazon's world-class imaging operations and technology development. The candidate will work closely with category business leaders, operations managers, technology teams, and finance teams world wide. The person in this role will be directly responsible for controllership, planning and analysis including special projects requiring detailed modelling to drive the decision-making of senior leadership.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and cost reductions
• Root cause analysis and uncovering core issues using data, then assisting the operation to improve and create new measures for site productivity
• Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position
• Perform financial close, planning, forecasting, and reporting. Manage continuous innovation in these areas.
• Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
• Proven ability to prioritize and drive actions to delver out-sized business results.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following abilities and characteristics:
• Be highly analytical and detail oriented
• Quickly build credibility and trust with internal customers
• Demonstrate work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Advanced communication skills, both verbal and written
• Building scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance functions
• Developing new ideas and creative solutions
• Successful in an ambiguous environment
• Comfortable with tight deadlines and prioritize workload
• Work regularly with remote teams
• Work on cross-functional teams
• Focus on customers and work backwards
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Advanced problem-solving skills for difficult and complex issues
• Highly organized and detail focused, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous situations
• MBA or advanced degree in a quantitative field preferred
• Working knowledge of SQL or other programming language
• 3+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
• 3+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• 3+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top