How does Amazon continue to grow it's capacity to deliver for customers in new ways? What new types of operations will Amazon add to it's portfolio as they innovate order fulfilment and delivery standards across North America and emerging markets?
Who we are: The CAPEX team in the Global Engineering Services (GES) organization is dedicated to answering the questions above, which drive the Amazon flywheel. As part of the team, you will provide primary support to the GES leadership team to validate CAPEX methodologies, support category managers and strategy, and deliver analysis to identify opportunities and benefits impacting overall CAPEX execution.
Career Opportunities: GES Finance seeks a Finance Manager to provide primary support to visibility of CAPEX to Senior Leadership. Experience in this team opens up several career opportunities across Amazon. Persons in this role have advancement opportunities to support different businesses, to lead programs, or to manage local, regional, or global teams.
Team Exposure: This role collaborates closely with a broad range of global finance and business leaders in Procurement, Engineering, Construction, and Operations teams. The role also partners with stakeholders across technical project & software development teams, capital planning, and FP&A. This role involves collecting, analyzing and managing quantitative data and creating meaningful reports to track CAPEX spending related to business improvement and cost reductions across the global supply chain. This role also maintains spend and savings measurements, and partners with category management on strategic input drivers to continuously improve the scalability and efficency of CAPEX execution.
Success in this role: The successful candidate has demonstrated the following abilities: they influence business owners, support thoughtful decision-making, and adapt to a rapidly-evolving environment. They collaborate with executives and various business units across Amazon. You bring excellent verbal and written communication skills. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to innovate by building creative solutions with large-scale data mining tools, identifying the high-priority work and projects that maximize results for key stakeholders, and solving complex problems that effect company-wide strategic decisions.
• Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning.
• Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe. With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs.
• You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
• Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
• You exhibit social responsibility.
• Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community. Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. 3+ years of direct management experience
• MBA preferred
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, Tableau, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.