Finance Manager FinOps BP
- London, United Kingdom
Our Finance Business Partnering team in Finance Operations (FinOps) is expanding! The FinOps function supports every business line, in every geography across Amazon. By paying our Vendors and Suppliers (Procure to Pay), collecting Customer cash (Order to Cash) and paying our employees (Payroll) accurately, on time and with the best customer experience, FinOps plays a vital role as Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As Amazon continues to grow so does the demand for Finance Business Partners. We are recruiting for several senior positions across the team to continue to drive this expansion in ambiguous and novel situations. Leading complex programs of work, you will deliver the technical capabilities that enable Amazon to expand both its services and its reach.
Working with leaders around the world, you will deliver a high quality customer experience through developing and leading strategic, cross-functional programs. These will be aimed at delivering ongoing operational efficiency and free-cash-flow improvements through automation, upstream defect reduction and end-to-end process improvement. You will work backwards from your customer, and problem solve on their behalf. You will dive deep into their requirements, and deliver these programs through our people, processes and technology.
This role is for the EMEA Business Partner for Transportation and supports operations and business growth, including large Transformation programs in the region. Your responsibilities will include:
• Partnering with Global Transportation Solutions, Controllership, Accounting and other upstream teams to develop and deliver systems, automation and process changes programs
• Partnering with Global Transportation teams, to ensure globally defined solutions include European business needs and local compliance requirements, including duty and VAT
• Building financial and operational analyses to drive and influence data-driven senior leadership decisions across Transportation business, FinOps, and technology teams to deliver high-quality solutions that improve payment processes and support business growth
• Building scalable models and overcoming language support challenges in a cost-effective way, making sound recommendations on implementation of new tools, technologies, best practices and organisational structures
• Working closely with our FinOps Services teams to identify and remove roadblocks, acting as the interface between our operations, business, accounting, finance and tax teams
• Leading and driving Senior Management meetings with Business Partners on key Finance issues and drive business decisions
• Identifying and quantifying financial and operational risks and opportunities to FinOps and across the company, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
• Fluency in English
• Qualified Accountant (CPA / ACCA / ACA / CIMA or equivalent) with demonstrable finance experience or MBA with demonstratable finance reporting and finance transformation experience
• • Ability to solve complex problems within and outside your direct scope of responsibility and dive deep to identify the root causes on any finance topics
• • Experience of initiating and driving multiple complex, cross-functional, milestone driven projects simultaneously to agreed deadlines
• • Ability to communicate in writing and orally in a manner necessary to build business relationships and positively influence data-driven senior leadership decision making
• • Track record of earning the trust of leadership by challenging norms, enabling growth and improving efficiency
• • Experience driving transformational financial system improvement initiatives in large organisations
• • Excellent business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills to evaluate complex processes and financial scenarios
• • Excellent analytical skills, a passion for metrics and figures and the ability to get into the details, while also seeing and understanding the big picture
• • Project management experience, working with technology and product managers to drive technology roadmaps
• • Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• • Experience in process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma, with knowledge of how best-practice tools and processes work
• • SQL and Advanced Excel Skills
Back to top