Finance Manager - Digital Video
- Seattle, WA
Amazon Digital Video is a premium on-demand video entertainment service that offers customers the greatest choice in what to watch from popular Prime Original and Exclusive shows such as The Boys, The Grand Tour, Jack Ryan and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and American Gods, to a range of TV boxsets and movies, live Sport and much more. This is an exciting time in video entertainment, with new business models and innovative experiences emerging. Digital Video is at the forefront of the entertainment industry and growing fast. We work in a dynamic, and exciting environment where innovating on behalf of our customers is at the heart of what we do.
Amazon Digital Video Finance team is seeking a Finance Manager who is highly analytical and who will partner with a variety of senior stakeholders across different functions and geographies to evaluate and lead thoughtful financial analysis and develop and present insights and recommendations on customer acquisition, retention, engagement and spend. In this highly analytical role, you will partner with data scientists, economists, and business intelligence engineers to present insights and recommendations around customer behavior and their impact to the business. This role requires an individual who is willing to work in an ambiguous environment and make a big impact across the organization. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to balance excellent analytical and technical skills with sound business judgment and effective communication to all levels of the organization
The right individual will have exceptional financial modeling skills, strong leadership skills, and solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically and manage multiple competing priorities effectively. Ideal candidates must be motivated, disciplined, and able to work effectively and autonomously.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Partner with different stakeholders to drive strategic initiatives and long term success
• Build and manage models to report and forecast Prime Video membership
• Creating, improving, and maintaining business/financial metrics, reports and scorecards
• Be comfortable with large volumes of complex data and presenting findings to senior management
• Ability to operate in fast paced environment
• Leading ad hoc financial analyses and process improvement initiatives•
• Leading and participating as a key finance stakeholder in cross functional teams.
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
• 7+ years experience in positions that require analysis and reporting financial results
• MBA and/ or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
• Advanced proficiency in Excel (VBA, array functions, etc.)
• Strong financial modeling & analytical skills; Superior attention to detail
• Strong capabilities for developing and presenting analyses and insights to senior management
• Comfortable working in cross-functional teams
• Excellent written and oral communication with proven influencing skills.
• Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top