Finance Manager - DEX
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to understand customer behavior/preferences and partner with the Pricing and Scheduled Delivery teams. Delivery Experience has responsibility for all customer facing shipping policies for Amazon globally. These shipping policies are a key element in the Amazon flywheel, including shipping benefits on Prime. In 2015 alone, we launched free same-day delivery for Prime members in US, UK and Germany; changed the non-Prime free shipping thresholds in UK and India, launched Next day as the core Prime benefit in Italy and Spain, expanded the Prime selection in US, UK and Germany with Seller Fulfilled Prime, expanded the No Rush program and more; and it is still day one. With the launch of such fast free delivery initiatives and introduction of new delivery benefits, we are revolutionizing how consumers shop in each of these countries.
This Finance Manager will have the opportunity to work on strategic initiatives to restructure ship pricing globally, increase customer adoption and help achieve strategic financial performance goals. Additional responsibilities include some business and financial forecasting, determination and monitoring of success metrics, and ad hoc financial support.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial metrics, reports and scorecards
- Collaborating with other analysts on the team in answering business questions.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining financial models to evaluate delivery programs and shipping options
- Gathering analytical insights and develop financial frameworks to help grow profitability and expand our reach in global environment
- Performing financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
- Supporting financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
- BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering and/or similar discipline with analytical bias
- 6+ years' relevant experience in positions that require analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results
- 5+ years' experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
- 5+ years' experience with Excel advanced functions (macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, lookups)
- General understanding of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Technical skills: Advanced Excel and SQL
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Management experience with demonstrated leadership skills with proven ability to take on new assignments
- 1+ years of proven familiarity with concepts of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Advanced experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
- Highly analytical, detail oriented and strong business sense; proven ability to manage new ideas and creative solutions and demonstrated experience managing such mechanisms to an end result
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and senior levels of management
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Previous experience within a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus
- Career progression and willingness to relocate for advancement opportunities
- Comfortable communicating in a cross functional environment and across all levels of management
- Demonstrated project management ability to manage ambiguous and competing priorities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top