Finance Manager, AWS Sales, Marketing and Support
- Seattle, WA
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to support the AWS Worldwide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales group. The AWS Public Sector team is paving the way for innovation and supporting world-changing projects in government, education and nonprofit organizations. The successful candidate will help drive the growth of the Public Sector business by providing financial stewardship and analytical insights into key financial and operational performance metrics. This position on the WWPS Finance team will focus on managing financial rhythms of the business including: headcount and budget controllership, the annual operating plan, regular forecast process, month-end-close reporting and variance analysis, and analytical support for senior management.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people who are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and who believe world class support is critical to customer success. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously. This role requires a self-starter with a strong financial modeling background, advanced Excel abilities, problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, an ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations, and project management skills.
• Manage a team, build out and enhance P&L models for Public Sector, develop business insights and KPI dashboards, and lead ad hoc analyses.
• Partner with Public Sector business development and sales management leadership team to develop a strategic roadmap for pricing and revenue growth
• Create, maintain and improve profitability and productivity management reporting.
• Drive the financial planning / budgeting process for the WWPS Sales organization.
• Analyze new business ideas, make analytical judgments, and provide data intensive analyses to drive meaningful change.
• Build and enhance financial models used to forecast and report the company's revenue and other key business metrics.
• Compile and review financial results and operational plans and communicate results to company leaders.
• Lead key analytical projects that assist and influence the business.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA preferred
• Advanced Excel modeling skills
• Advanced analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
• Strong track record of managing deliverables from multiple parties to meet challenging deadlines
• Strong track record of business partnership
• Prior management experience
• FP&A management and/or analysis experience preferred
• The ability to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines
• Comfort with ambiguity and a willingness to work with a high degree of autonomy
• Experience in a technology company or high-tech environment
• Experience with cube engine tools (e.g. TM1, Cognos or Essbase)
• Experience with SQL and data warehouse budgeting/planning for a sales organization preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top