Finance Manager, AWS Infratrusture Global IT
- Seattle, WA
Join the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Finance team! We are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us redefine the IT industry. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is making history, this is the place for you.
AWS is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses, servicing millions of customers in more than 190 countries, reshaping the way global enterprises consume information technology and powering developers who are building the next generation of global industry leaders. AWS customers include some of the most innovative startups like Netflix, Pinterest, Airbnb, and Instagram as well as some of the largest global enterprises like Shell International, Unilever, Hitachi, Sharp, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Samsung
Amazon seeks a Finance Manager to support our Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure organization within IT Services. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a team that provides IT Services to Amazonians anytime, anywhere, any device access to business products and services. Job responsibilities include:
• Serve as the key finance partner supporting the Technology Sourcing and Infrastructure team by providing financial support and business insights
• Manage and lead the financial planning and analysis processes for all Laptops and Monitors CAPEX, as well as all Hardware and Peripherals OPEX.
• Provide ad-hoc financial analyses and anecdote deep-dives that assist decision making by senior leadership
• Be a thought leader to improve and simplify processes, drive standardization, and build scalable systems to support business growth
• Influence others, insist on the highest standards, and challenge the status quo
Have you had experience in past roles supporting decision making in rapidly evolving environments? Are you a self-starter with strong data gathering and modeling skills, a keen attention to detail, and prior experience working in a fast-paced environment? Are you looking for an exciting role that has regular interaction with various teams across Amazon? Do you have strong interpersonal and communication skills and a desire to collaborate with others? If so, the IT Service Finance team could be the right fit for you!
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Access and SQL experience a plus.
• MBA + relevant experience
• Advanced problem solving and root cause analysis combined with proven ability to communicate those analysis
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos) and other financial systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• Must be able to prioritize multiple competing priorities from a diverse group of senior stakeholders
• Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top