Finance Manager, AWS Infrastructure
- Seattle, WA
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services, one of which is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Amazon is considered the most reputable company in the world, according to Harris Interactive, receiving the highest scores for its emotional appeal and its products and services. AWS is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. The AWS Finance team provides end-to-end financial support for this multi-billion dollar business, driving AWS to be the low cost provider in cloud computing and the leader in customer experience. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative, creative, and fastest growing teams at Amazon. On the AWS Finance team, you will be surrounded by exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people, who believe world class support is critical to customer success.
AWS is seeking a Finance Manager to join the AWS Infrastructure Finance Team. In this role, you will help manage special projects related to the use of AWS Products by Amazon Businesses (non-AWS). This includes initiatives related to internal transfer pricing and opex and capex cost assignment, both of which are critical to influencing behaviors that maximize long-term free cash flow for Amazon. In addition, you will partner with Amazon Businesses (Amazon.com, Alexa, Digital Video, etc.) in delivering usage estimates for key AWS products. The role provides significant exposure within AWS and to Amazon's internal businesses. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with senior leaders, drive innovation, and deliver dive deep analysis.
Job responsibilities include:
• Work cross functionally with AWS and other internal Amazon finance teams on business initiatives related to Amazon's (non-AWS) usage of AWS services.
• Understand complex GAAP segment reporting.
• Create metrics and perform analysis to support strategic business decisions.
• Identify and drive process improvement initiatives, including creation of standard and ad-hoc reports and templates.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• At least 1 year experience managing a team.
• CPA, CFA, MBA preferred.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, SQL, Cognos/TM1 skills, and ability to learn proprietary Amazon systems.
• Strong financial acumen including accounting knowledge and experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis.
• An eye towards continuous process improvement, including the ability to innovate both finance and operational processes.
• Comfort with ambiguity.
• Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills.
• Experience working with and presenting to senior executives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top