Are you looking for that next BIG Finance opportunity? Looking for a strong business partnering role with full P&L responsibility? Want to directly influence the future of some of the fastest growing products in cloud computing?
Join us at AWS Finance!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a pioneer in blazing the new trails of cloud computing. AWS is a high-growth, fast-moving group within Amazon with a start-up mentality where new and diverse challenges arise every day, but a group that operates with the full backing of one of the world's most successful web companies.
AWS Management Tools Finance seeks a world class Finance Manager to act as a finance lead for a suite of important services and to support General Manager, Senior Managers, Product Managers and Engineers, to drive up the revenue through new product launches, improve infrastructure cost efficiency through deep diving into cost behaviors, and to support business strategies for GM through insightful analysis.
Some key responsibilities will include:
a. Maintain controllership: Ensure all financial fundamentals are correct and accurate, such as billing, cost allocation, and financial presentation.
b. Own annual operation plan, quarterly and monthly review with business partners, risk and opportunity analysis, and support to Service FP&A team. Develop, track, and report relevant KPIs to shed financial and operation insights into the business. Support GM to drive business by providing financial advice/solutions and by challenging the PM and engineer teams.
c. Support new product launch and pricing document reviews by building financial pro forma models and sensitivity analysis. Need to be able to build complex and flexible financial models to represent new product risks and opportunities; have the backbone to challenge PM and engineers on business assumptions; know how to work collaboratively cross function and earn business partners trust and support.
d. Lead cost optimization projects: Have proficiency to use TM1 and other financial systems to deep dive into product cost component, study cost behaviors with volume changes, and understand cost drivers, and know how to reduce marginal cost and maintain service availability and durability at the same time. Have a can-do attitude towards ambiguous projects, and can develop a realistic action plan and deliver results out of the ambiguity.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 7 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Business partnering experience, ability to influence business owners and support decision making in rapidly evolving environments
• Excellent communication skills
• MBA finance-related discipline
• Solid skills in project management
• Excellent financial modeling background
• A self-starter with problem solving skills, a keen attention to detail, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.