Finance Manager, AWS AR
- Fresno, CA
The AWS Accounts Receivable team is seeking a self-driven Finance Manager with a strong owner's mindset, relentless customer advocacy, and frontline obsession to be the single threaded leader of credit management and order to cash operations for the AWS Indirect Channel globally.
The AWS Indirect Channel (Resellers and Distributors) is a fast growing and important sales channel. We anticipate continued and significant growth with the opportunity to work with business leaders and technical teams to strategically shape this high growth channel. We are seeking a highly driven finance and program management professional to help us build the accompanying processes and mechanisms to drive growth and improvements in the partner experience and free cash flow globally.
This will require working across teams that span multiple geographies to drive policy, process, internal and partner facing tools, build and guide the frontline credit, collections, and cash application teams. The solutions determined and driven by a successful Finance Manager for this channel will scale and set the standard in the industry for channel growth, the partner's experience and free cash flow. This requires working effectively with global business owners at all levels in Partner Sales and Marketing, Finance, Legal, multiple technical teams and other AWS/Amazon central teams to ensure the long term success and efficacy of our programs.
This Finance Manager must be strategic and detail oriented, have strong accounting and finance skills, robust interpersonal and influencing skills (this role will have frequent communication with senior leadership), strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to gather business and technical requirements across global teams to drive systems and change management processes. This Finance Manager will need to roll up his/her sleeves, work independently, and have an extremely high level of ownership and accountability.
• Partnering with business teams to gather partner feedback/requirements, identify and quantify process defects that impact the partner experience and delay payments. Frontline planning and productivity mechanisms that satisfy the Indirect Channel's needs across AWS to scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic footprint
• Partnering with Sales, Global Payments, and Finance teams analyze and establish Credit limits, policies and practices to vet and manage Partner's growth in line with their working capital
• Working directly with Partners, AWS Product Managers and technical teams identify and build billing solutions that reduce administration costs and overhead for our Partners adding value to their customers and eliminating pain points.
• Through deep dives and working directly with the frontline, drive mechanisms and processes that improve productivity for the AWS order to cash and the Partner's payable process.
• Responsible for setting demanding but achievable goals for the Indirect Channel for Financial Operations supporting AWS and driving the mechanisms to achieve them.
• Communicate Partner requirements to business teams influencing technical roadmaps and go to market strategies that incorporate the best Partner experience to accelerate growth and free cash flow.
• Minimum of 6 years in accounting/finance/program/project management experience
• Experience in finance operations, with preference to Order-to-Cash experience
• BS/BA degree
• Proven track record of taking end-to-end ownership and driving results; demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - work prioritization, planning, task delegation, and coordination across functional teams
• Highly detailed driven with emphasis on growth and operations at scale, together with the ability to manage the immediate, short and long term concurrently.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and must be comfortable engaging with executive management.
• Experience with large Go To Market Indirect Sales strategies
Program management experience in Finance programs in a high tech organization or in a consulting firm.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top