Finance Manager, AWS
- Taipei, Taiwan
The Harris Poll has ranked Amazon as the #1 or #2 most reputable company, most recently scoring Amazon first for vision, growth and trajectory. Amazon Web Services is the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from a network of global data centers. We help customers to lower costs, become more agile and innovate faster. AWS Infrastructure makes all of it work through a global data center network and the finance team is deeply involved in all aspects of the business.
This role supports AWS Data Center expansion strategy for already launched regions in EMEA, and will work very closely with business partners in determining 10 year expansion strategies across a growing number of regions. In this role, you will help lay the foundations to grow the AWS data center infrastructure footprint, ensuring that the business has a viable and cost effective expansion path in assigned regions. Areas of responsibility include: 1) owning the financial elements of long-term Infrastructure Data Center supply strategies in existing regions, 2) evaluating, influencing and approving all colocation contractual terms, 3) developing and deploying KPI's that allow us to identify course-correction opportunities in real time, and 4) driving process improvement and automation.
• Partner with the AWS Infrastructure Business Development team to provide strategic guidance on investments alternatives and deal negotiations for regional expansions
• Perform discounted cash flow and P&L financial modeling, often under tight deadlines and lead executive-level discussions. Ensure internal stakeholders (e.g. Real estate, New and Existing Region Portfolio Management, Product teams, Networking, Data Center Engineering, Accounting, Legal, Tax, etc.) are aligned with recommendations
• Help prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to closing new deals
• Provide controllership and oversight of business case data integrity and approvals
• Understand infrastructure market segments, customer base, and industry verticals and technology trends. Help set business development plans for target markets and ensure execution is aligned with approved expansion strategies
• Develop business and technology acumen in order to understand and account for technology transitions and business evolution in financial models
• Identify and lead projects to drive automation and process improvement.
• Minimum of 7 years of financial experience or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Advanced excel skills (Vlookup, Index, Pivot table, etc.)
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• CPA, CFA, MBA preferred
• Ability to work independently and self-motivate in a fast-pased and rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, prioritizing workloads and partnering cross-functionally, while delivering against tight deadlines.
• Experience developing/optimizing finance processes for speed, agility, and insight
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep on ambiguous challenges and deliver actionable insights
• Demonstrated curiosity to learn complex new subjects quickly and earn business partners' trust
• 5+ years of directly supervising teams and developing people
• Familiarity with financial systems such as Cognos TM1 preferred
• SQL experience preferred
Back to top