Finance Manager, Amazon Transportation
- Nashville, TN
Who we are:
Amazon's sortation centers are the backbone of the middle mile, enabling 1-day delivery for Prime members and delivery 7 days a week for customers. At sort centers, we are focused on improving delivery quality and speed while enabling flexibility and cost savings in the transportation network. Since launching in 2013, Amazon has invested in sort centers to move quickly in order to scale operations with a focus on continuous improvement and benchmarking to drive best in class results. And we are not done yet... sort centers will continue expanding in the years to come and finance will be a critical part of that expansion.
Career Opportunities: This is an exciting opportunity to partner cross-functionally to ensure informed decision making, innovation and sustainability in processes for a growing network. Experience on this team opens up varying career opportunities across Amazon such as transitions to other business lines, project management roles, and/or management opportunities locally, regionally, and globally.
Team Exposure: This role partners closely with a broad range of leaders across Operations, HR, Capacity Planning, and FP&A. The role focuses on continuous improvement across internal and external stakeholders to define, design and maintain performance measurements, reporting and reviews. A typical day in this role provides an opportunity to identify high priority projects to improve results and drive cost reductions with stakeholders, create new measures for business effectiveness, and recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and profitability.
Success in this role: A successful candidate effectively influences business partners, provides sound and thoughful decision-making, and manages competing priorities in a quickly changing environment. The candidate should demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills as direct interaction with leadership is common. In addition, this candidate is successful at developing talent and encouraging others on the team to challenge assumptions.
• Oversee financial reporting for your business area. Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning. Use data to identify disruptive ideas and provide advice to business leaders across the globe.
• With Controllership as the top priority, you identify, resolve, or provide guidance to resolve complex data integrity issues. You improve controls to address financial risk and support frugality.
• Educate business partners on financial and non-financial trade-offs. You make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where there data may be scarce or difficult to procure.
• Use active listening skills intuitively to communicate data (both written and verbal) in a clear, concise, and unambiguous manner. Adjust style for various audiences to articulate complex finance issues clearly. Your communications drive critical business decisions.
• Have backbone, disagree and commit to foster constructive dialogues, harmonize conflicting views, resolve issues, and drive decisions.
• You exhibit social responsibility. Actively recruit bar-raising talent, continuously develop your team, and constructively mentor the Finance community.
• Identify and sponsor Finance-wide professional development and engagement initiatives that plan for the future and strengthen the global Finance community, such as inclusion and diversity initiatives.
• Become an expert in your lane to contribute to work-life harmony. You are a positive, collaborative, and effective influencer to new team members and model operations excellence and efficiency.
• BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent.
• Minimum 7+ years of finance experience, or master's degree and 5 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 3+ years of direct management experience
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (examples: SQL, MS Access, Essbase, Cognos) and other financial systems (examples: Oracle, SAP, Lawson, JD Edwards)
• MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate)
• Previous experience in a Manufacturing, Distribution Center or Logistics processes and systems a plus Finance Leader/Manager or equivalent with 5+ years' experience leading a team
• Ability to travel; 20% travel expected.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top